Thursday, March 5, 2009

Advegtures are Fruitastic

...and so is the title of this blog. I've really been trying to eat well, and increase my health for awhile now, although walking 8 miles a day was probably a little high to start with because now my knee is swollen and stiff. Besides exercising, I've been eating "healthy" foods. Which, in my opinion, should actually be categorized as delicious foods. I don't think you can get better than fresh tangelos, ripe bananas, and crisp carrots. I've always loved to experiment with cooking, especially when it comes to making pies, but lately I've been creating some healthier and even more delicious dishes with my culinary improvisation. By the way, I'm also avoiding sugary things; that means no candy, cookies, or other desserts. A sweet juicy fruit gives me the sugar I need.
This morning, I sliced up some golden delicious apples and put them in a pan with a little cinnamon and some honey (I find it to be the best sweetener) I let the apples cook until they were tender and soaked with flavor, then I added it to a bowl of hot oatmeal. It was really sweet, and I didn't feel too guilty about the honey, especially since it was breakfast and I needed power for an exam.
For lunch, I mixed up some steamed asparagus, sliced roma tomatoes, a little lemon pepper, and put them in a cream cheese coated tofu wrap. I covered a pan with olive oil and put the "pockets" in the oven for a few minutes. Then, voila! A delicious and nutritious meal. 
Besides being creative with cooking, I've been doing some other "projects" with fruit and veggies. I love the color they have- it makes them look so much more appetizing. So I worked with some (silly) photos and created some "story photos." I also had fun with a few vegetables, just for an illustration.

1 comment:

Herring Family said...

Love the pics! They are awesome!!